Sunday, January 17, 2010

Birthdays are lame.

When S asked me what I wanted for my birthday, the one thing on the top of my list was a cherry cheesecake. I am not a cake decorator, but given the right tools and an oven I know, I can make a fantastic cheesecake. #1 and I spent a good portion of the day getting everything ready- letting the ingredients warm up to room temperature, mixing, prepping, doing a bain-marie, letting the cheesecake cool for several hours before moving it to avoid cracks. It was a masterpiece. And I dropped it. On the floor. Tomorrow we'll be having volcano cheesecake, complete with cherry lava. If this is any sign as to how my 28th year, I think I'll pass.



I can't decide whether I want to laugh or cry, so I'm going to go watch Sydney Bristow blow stuff up instead.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sorry about your cheesecake. I hate when that happens, I stuck my hand in a cake I decorated for my dad once. I hope your day goes a lot better. Happy Birthday, I'm so glad your back.

Nathan said...

I can't think of anything more therapeutic than watching Sydney Bristow blow stuff up.

Sorry about the cheesecake, though.

Katie said...

I would have eaten the whole thing anyway. Happy Birthday!

Jackie said...

Oh man! What an eventful day! Oh well, it's your party, you can toss your cake if you want too! Wow, I didn't realize you were that young... When you get to be my age ;) you can start blaming it on old age!

Janna said...

It actually still looks really, really good. Hope you enjoyed it & birthday.

Jessica Bybee said...

Oh no! What a bummer! I have had your cheesecake... I would lick it off the floor!