We met up with friends to watch the parade (yes, the infamous Lawn Rangers were there)
Nadia opted for the shade with Daddy. It was a little warmer than we were expecting.
I think the majority of these guys were drunk.
We were only interested in the sugar high, so after the parade we hit the food stands.
First stop? Ice cream and donuts.
Rowan thought it was funny to put the ice cream cone on his head and pretend he was a choo-choo train.
And what's a train without a caboose?
Apparently she hasn't figured out the process through which food goes to your stomach.
Next stop? Elephant ears. Deep-fried twinkie still holds first place for best fried food.
(I can't figure out why I think about mice everytime I see this picture)
Rowan and Daddy went on several rides while Nadia cried because she wasn't tall enough. We later found one that would let her on...
Let's just say it was a rough introduction...
Rowan went back on the dragon roller coaster that he tried last year. It was a happy reunion.
By the end we were sugared out. The kids had a snowcone where you could put as many as 20 different flavors on at a self serve station before we left. It made for an interesting diaper the next day.
Bye Broom Corn Festival! I'd say until next time, but I'm praying we'll be gone by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment