Rowan
He still loves it. His favorite class is computers and any day that has computers is a good day. He seems to be doing really well. They stamp each child's hand if they have had a good day and haven't lost any "stars" from not following the rules. So far, Rowan comes home every day with a stamp and occasionally other things like a prize from the treasure box (mostly Cars card games) or little notes.
His reading and writing have skyrocketed and he surprises me every day with new words that he can read or write.
We've also gotten some fun assignments that made their way home.
Gotta love Kabeeing.
Steve is still kind of bitter that Grandma Luke taught Rowan how to draw him bald.
I hear a lot about different boys that he is friends with. Mostly ones named Sam, Zach, and John. He's also buds with a boy named Josh on the bus who lives just around the corner from us. It's clear he is entering a stage where girls aren't really playmates anymore- thankfully his sister is an exception to that rule. He really is enjoying this transition and I pray that he continues to enjoy it as much as he is.
Nadia
I've started preschool with Nadia and one other little boy named Brett who lives in the area. This Monday was our first time meeting and we are covering the alphabet and numbers. We focused on the letter A and the number one. So far so good.
Animal crackers and watermelon "A"s.
Unfortunately I took the video on one of the more difficult searches, but you get the picture.
The finished product
At the end of the day, I enjoy seeing these two monkeys get together.
Rowan is also trying to teach Nadia all he knows. He loves being the authority on things. Sometimes it works out, sometimes Nadia is resistant, but he did teach her to do somersaults recently.
Steve is teaching Nadia to play wii dance...or lead aerobics.
She's actually doing it while I type this and I have to say, she's pretty good for a 2 year old.
She's also potty training. I'm being pretty relaxed about the whole thing, quite the contrast to when I was trying to get Rowan to do it. I felt so much pressure to try and get him to do it before Nadia was born. Needless to say, it just didn't go over well. So far so good with Nadia. She's also chewed up her last binky and is now binky free. That has been an amazingly easy transition.
No comments:
Post a Comment