All Grinchiness aside, I really enjoyed our school's fundraiser. They sponsored a Fun Run where each kid would raise pledges from friends and family for each lap they would run. Rowan was REALLY into it. Our families were very supportive of his goal, and he raised one of the highest amounts in his class. I wasn't expecting a lot from Rowan on the day of the run since I've never really seen him show much interest or dedication when it comes to physical exertion. Was I ever surprised...
Nadia was not as easily impressed. The loud music and early hour might of had something to do with that.
The little guy didn't stop running and he kept to the outside of the track the entire time to avoid the crowds of kids.
They had the kids do a pacer lap halfway through where they had to pair up with a buddy. Rowan went with Sam, a boy we hear a lot about at home. They're good friends.
He ended up running 34 laps. We were pretty proud of him.
It was fun, right Rowan?
A huge thank you to all of you who sponsored Rowan and helped make his run such a success!!
No comments:
Post a Comment