I was craving french silk pie the other day, but didn't want to eat raw eggs while pregnant so I made a recipe up. And it was good! Or so my minions tell me.
French Silk Pie
Crust
20 Oreo cookies, crushed
1/4 cup butter, softened
Mix and place in a greased 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes. Cool.
Filling
1.5 cups heavy cream
1.5 (12 oz) package of milk chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli's- quality counts)
1.5 teaspoon of vanilla
1/8 teaspoon of salt
Combine the above in a double boiler and melt.
When it's sufficiently smooth, add some of the hot chocolate filling to 3 beaten eggs gradually, then add to the rest of the chocolate sauce. Mix well and heat through enough to ensure eggs are cooked. Add to crust and put in refrigerator to cool.
When cool, mix 1 cup of heavy cream with 1/4 cup of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Top off pie and enjoy! Keep refrigerated.
No comments:
Post a Comment