Sunday, August 26, 2012

What's New? What's Old?

What's new?  Well, someone turned into a big first grader.



Offsetting the USA shirt with the Canadian backpack.  Rowan couldn't find a Minecraft backpack, so we improvised with pins.

Grandma bought the kids new back to school shoes.  They light up- what could be better?

Rowan is LOVING being back in school and we are loving being back on a schedule.  I feel so much more productive and we're settling into a good routine.  I'm still watching my neighbor's kids a few times a week after school and that's been going well too.  Rowan has been very responsible about making sure he has his backpack ready every evening and doing homework when necessary.  He loves having a desk of his own and has already made a few new friends.  We're looking forward to a good year with Mrs. Jackson.  

Someone else turned into a brand new preschooler...
This is actually just a preschool registration day, but Nadia insisted on getting fully decked out for the occasion.

Nadia actually has two kitty backpacks to choose from each day.  I don't know what she'll end up putting in them, but a girl needs options.

And of course Nadia needed a Minecraft pin on hers too.

Kitty shoes that light up on their noses.  Someone is a genius in marketing.


Someone else is the sweetest baby in the world.  Elsa probably cries the least of all of our children now.  And she is rolling over, laughing, and cooing like crazy.  Her lame mommy doesn't have much video it...yet.  For shame.

But I did get a video of her learning to play with her toys on her vibrating chair.  She also likes to rock the chair by kicking her right leg.  We're pretty sure she's right handed.


A little bit of the laughing
I cannot emphasize enough how much Elsa loves this chair.  She sleeps, plays and sits in it all the time.

What's old?  Well, here's a ton of pictures from Elsa's blessing day.  Steve's parents were able to come and be with us for it and we are so grateful that they were here.








Aren't you done yet?




I really need to get Steve to take more pictures of me and the kids...

Grandma and Grandpa Luke played with us for a week before they headed back to Burley.  Soon they will move to a new house and job in Washington.  I'm crossing my fingers for an opening out there so we can see them more often.  Once a year just doesn't cut it, but we were glad for the precious time we had together.


 The kids made some Happy Birthday cards to Grandpa Luke before he left.



Nadia showed Grandpa how you are supposed to dance.

We miss you both!!!

3 comments:

The Walch Family said...

They're all so grown up now and Elsa just gets prettier and prettier! I love Nadia's cat shoes and backpack, but I have no idea what Minecraft is. That must be a boy thing that we may never encounter?

Bleen said...

It's Steve's favorite pastime and the kids' too. A video game you play online. I actually know a lot of little kids (including girls) who like it. I've managed to steer clear of it though.

Jessica Bybee said...

Elsa is beautiful and so is her dress! I can't believe how grown up Rowan and Nadia look!