Nadia was featured in her kindergarten today. I got some video, but the audio isn't the best.
I'll add a picture of her poster later as they are hanging it in her classroom for a few days. It struck me as we were putting her poster together how unique and special Nadia is. She loves animals and when she said she wanted to be a vet when she grew up, it seems like it might be something that she'd actually do. Her interests are not traditional little girl's fascinations and I respect that she knows where her interests and talents lie at such a young age. Part of that has to do with having an older brother, but I really do feel like she is following the own beat of her drum for the most part. She isn't a tomboy or a girly girl. She is just Nadia and I love that about her.
My favorite part during the spotlight was when Rowan said that Nadia is really nice and happy all the time. It's funny because we've recently made up mantras for each of our kids to help them work on things they struggle with. Nadia's is to be careful and think happy thoughts because she tends to look on the negative side of things. The careful comes from being a little accident prone. Just yesterday her kindergarten teacher picked up Nadia on the way to school because she had tripped as her teacher was driving by. I've made many shorts out of a lot of ripped jeans from Nadia getting up close and personal with sidewalks. Poor thing.
Elsa's mantra is-
People don't scream. People use their words. She likes to go around and announce this to everyone on occasion.
And Rowan's is "It's not enough to know, you have to do." He knows what he should be doing, but has a harder time following through with that. We're still working on helping him tell the truth as well. Hopefully we'll get there and make improvements as we keep working on things. I should probably come up with a few mantras of my own.
1 comment:
Love, love, love this post. I am so proud of Nadia and Rowan being able to get in front of all those kids and talk. That would have scared me to death. And the mantras are a great idea. Mine is "Trust in the Lord" although Nadia's would probably help me too.
Post a Comment