

I guess the title kind of gives it away. No we don't live in California and just happen to have nice green grass in March. Our previous backyard was essentially mud and with warmer weather approaching, I was afraid to let Rowan outside and then back inside. My OCD wouldn't take it. This postage stamp of a backyard has undergone several transformations since we've moved in. We began with half dead sod, which was ripped out for grandiose plans for an elaborate garden. The garden was productive, but we were not productive about eating it. I should have realized the math wouldn't add up considering I have one recipe that involves radishes and 2 rows of them in the backyard. This also should have occurred to me since I am the only one in my family who eats vegetables (can you tell I didn't do well in math?). Anyways my mother always helps me get projects done and this was one of them while she was here. We laid down plastic and some beautiful green astroturf marking our descent into white trash history. Our home teacher told us he just put some down in his backyard as well, so at least we are in good company. Aside from the minature golf flashbacks, I'm really happy with it. Rowan can go outside without shoes for all I care. And if you walk by our fence and hear the vaccuum running you'll know I'm just cleaning the grass. Good stuff!
4 comments:
Wow! If we weren't moving within the year I would totally consider it! It looks so fresh! The brilliant green color! :) I need to come and see this!
haha...I LOVE it!
Hello my favorite Luke's!! Welcome to the blogging world. I'm so glad you have joined us. I can't wait to read all about your many adventures. Just so you know, one more month until baby Joaquin is born.
You are so white trash - I think I might have to copy!
Post a Comment