For the first time in our marriage, (at least I think) I made a rather large purchase without consulting my significant other. And although he wasn't super thrilled with me, he seems to have come around in the end. One Friday morning I decided to wake up crazy early because there was a garage sale I remembered being particularly good last year. The lady holding it was an interior decorator for model homes and would sell all the furniture she used for bargain prices. Last year she had some beautiful leather couches and I was hoping for something similar as I was a little fed up with our old couch. My mom and I recovered it when we first moved to our townhouse, but failed to take into consideration the fabric's resiliency to stains when we picked it out. I'd spent more time steam cleaning that thing than I care to recount. Anyways this time, the lady had a nice microfiber couch for a pretty good price. And I bought it. It all worked out in the end as I sold our old couch for a really decent price (some frat guys bought it- I doubt they care about stain resistant fabric) and our new one was delivered (for free!) all in one day.
The first week we had the new couch I was replacing the license plates on one of our cars and Rowan decided he wanted to keep the old plates. When we returned to the house, Rowan promptly placed the license plates on our couch and to my horror stained the couch with a ton of black grease, oil, dirt- you name it. I scrubbed it twice and it was gone. I love you microfiber.
Rowan and his buddy taking a break watching Thomas
Here's a couple more pictures from this week of Rowan and his friends. He has a better social life than I do sometimes.
Going to a friend's sister's birthday party
Snack time in the "fort"
5 comments:
cute pics!!!
We just got a microfiber couch recently. Love it! Although next time we get a couch I hope we can splurge and get a leather one. I think that's even easier then cleaning mircofiber!
Good to know it cleans up so easily! I love my microfiber dish towels but I'm imagining the couch feels slightly different.
Either way, it looks great! And it is so true that our little ones have more of a social life than us - sometimes I feel like I wouldn't have a social life if it weren't for my boy!
Nice couch! I also love microfiber. A lot.
I am so impressed. That couch is awesome. Looks comfy too. We have so many stains on ours, Tyler decided to spit his bright red crystal light all over the couch and pillows one day....argh....I'll have to remember microfiber when we're in the market again.
Post a Comment