On our last day I had to use up our coins because the bank will not exchange coin, only paper currency. With our loonies and toonies ($1 and $2 coins) we hit the "Loonie Plus Store." Yes, there were plenty of loonies shopping there. We invested $1.50 in a pirate eye patch, pirate compass, and pirate telescope. The pirate earring was confiscated and never to be heard from again. Rowan loves dressing up and we proceeded to wander various stores with our mini pirate looking for treasure.


And of course, my glorious poutine. I couldn't refrain from eating it, so there isn't much left. Blame it on pregnancy cravings I guess.

Rowan got to discover his inner biker on Grandpa's bike. He seemed to like it better off than on though- too noisy.

This week Rowan participated in his first soccer class at the local rec center. I didn't really know what to expect considering the sad athletic abilities of his parents, but overall I was happy. He didn't scream, cry, or throw a tantrum like some of the kids did. But he also wasn't into the whole kicking aspect of soccer which doesn't really bode well if this continues to be his sport of choice. Mostly he just carried the ball around. A couple of times he kicked it and even attempted to make a goal, so definite progress was made. At one point he seemed more interested in being the goalie than trying to compete for the ball with the other kids and I can't really blame him. A stampede of 3 year olds is never a pretty sight. But, I was pleasantly surprised since Steven and I haven't taught him much about sports at all. Hopefully this will encourage us to take him over to the church gym over the winter months and teach him what little we do know.


2 comments:
Nathan talks about Poutine a lot- I think he likes it too. I think that's good that Rowan's getting into some sports. (And it's great that Steven's encouraging it. =) ) I figure you've got to at least give them the opportunity, then if they don't like it, they don't like it, but it's not your fault due to lack of exposure. We'll have to start considering what to put Isabelle in in a year or two.
cute!! although I think the kid next to rowan is in for it, rowan is like huge next to him
Post a Comment