Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter


This Easter was a little more relaxed than in years past. Luckily the Primary put on an Easter egg hunt, so i didn't have to go through the time and effort of putting on our own. I had good intentions of going to the dollar store in the morning prior to going to the Primary activity, but baby N was a bit of a beast during the night, so we slept in. As a result #1 hunted for eggs with his Halloween bucket- poor thing. He didn't care and honestly I didn't either, but I couldn't help but feel a little bit like white trash showing up with a green ghost bucket.


I kept wishing he would turn his bucket for the pictures to hide the "trick or treat", but it always was there, front and center, to remind me that I'm a negligent mother.

He got a load full!!

Baby N opted to enjoy the festivities from the stroller- it was COLD!


We also dyed eggs with our good friends for the first time. Egg painting hasn't been much of a priority in the past since the smell of hard-boiled eggs makes me want to throw up, but luckily this year I was able to withstand the nausea for the sake of holiday traditions. #1's friends happily enjoyed eating their eggs after dying them, but #1 passed on eating his creations. I guess I'm passing on my food aversions to him.

Hard-boiled eggs are gross

Gross, gross, gross

Yep, they're definitely gross





It's like becoming blood brothers- egg dye brothers!

Stained hands are a nice bonus.


Just chilling with her toys. Such a good baby!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Love Love LOVE that picture of #1 showing off his goods!!!! So stinking cute!!
And #2 is looking cuter and cuter every day!

Katie said...

Wow. I can't beleive you showed up to an Easter egg hunt with a ghost bucket. Wow. Ghetto. :P

Oh, did I mention I didn't do anything for Easter? If it weren't for my mother, my kids would miss some serious culture like the Easter Bunny. And Santa Claus.
:)