
public-domain.zorger.com
Moving is a strange thing. To find new places to put all your things has proved to be a difficult decision-making process. Even though we just transferred to new unit in the same complex, there seems to be infinite differences. New cabinets have different measurements, causing some things to fit, some things to not. Different materials and layouts create different experiences which are either upgrades or downgrades. In the tub alone, there are a lot of these thoughts, mostly downgrades.
Curtain rod that doesn't screech when you pull the shower curtain- upgrade
Tile that gets soap scum with just one use- downgrade
Button to switch from bath to shower is difficult to pull- downgrade
Towel bar that was installed inside the shower enclosure- definite downgrade (what were they thinking?!)
Soap dish- still on the fence on this one. It's convenient to have one but I have yet to find a soap that doesn't fall out of it constantly
It's weird the things you notice and miss from your old place. Overall this place is an upgrade, there's more space and newer materials, but I have to admit that today I started to have second thoughts. Why you ask?
15 tubs of kids' clothes that used to fit in our old attic that now seemingly will not even get through our attic access door- downgrade accompanied with wailing and gnashing of teeth. Guess I better start selling some clothes...
3 comments:
so sad....:(
I hate trying to organize when the space isn't really working for the stuff I have. Yuck.
The elephant pic seems very appropriate for this post...nice find. For your sake, though, I hope your "elephant" eventually shrinks down to size...
Post a Comment