This little girl takes her snack time on the go.

Nadia has learned to do several things this month- come down stairs, climb into her high chair, give five, and call people on the phone. Luckily, Daddy is most often the one on redial. I've tried to get video of some of these things, but she gets stage fright.
When we aren't able to go for endless walks, we are extremely blessed to be able to have a little outdoor space where the kids can have a good time. I'm rethinking the sandbox, but it's constantly played with so I guess I'll put up with sand being tracked into the house.
I caught the kids playing peek a boo with each other one day. Forgive the "through the screen shot", but videotaping kids is like trying to capture wildlife on film.
I've noticed that I have a lot more videos of Nadia than pictures. I think the following picture illustrates why that is pretty well.

She's a total monkey that doesn't stop moving! And she likes looking through her legs. I did find this picture though as evidence that she does sit still sometimes. She's really quite a snugglebug and likes to look through books as long as you don't try to turn the pages for her. I'll often find her reading to herself with just about every book taken off the shelf.

Grandma and Grandpa sent some letters to the kids a few weeks ago. Rowan was in heaven as evidenced by the following:

There were construction stickers inside that Rowan got to put on a landscape drawn by Grandpa.

Rowan's creative streak continues. All this kid wants for Christmas is tape. A lifetime supply of tape. And that will last us for a few months we hope.

I forget what this is because it morphed into several different things. At one point it was a campsite, then the umbrella became a machine gun that shoots down zombies, monsters, and your average bad guys.

He actually had a web of tape at one point with words that he had written on paper embedded into the structure. I foresee a conspiracy theorist in the works. An OCD one because at this point he is cleaning his "gun" with baby wipes. Grandpa would be so proud. At least he has his scriptures in there with him too.

Rowan's really into writing these days. The other day he asked his dad how to write the following:

This is apparently his plan for his upcoming birthday party. Chocolate cake and his dad had to note that the chocolate cake should have chocolate baby jaguars on it. Thanks Diego. We plan to have a party when Rowan's friends are available and the weather is agreeable. Lucky Christmas babies get two cakes.
And this fetching specimen was captured by Rowan himself. A little frazzled looking, but with spring break ahead of her perhaps that will take some of the edge off. I've started running again to offset my nightly Oreo encounters. Darn you Sam's Club with your obscene quantities of forbidden goodies...

Otherwise things are going well here in Lukeville. Steve's prelim has finally gotten through the red tape enough to be scheduled soon and then he'll just have to write his dissertation. Easy as pie....right? :)
Rowanism:
"When I grow up, I want to marry Nadia." This resulted in a long conversation about who we can and cannot marry and other rules about marriage. Then somehow we got involved in a conversation about what superhero Rowan could be when he grew up. The result was T. Rex Man, because you have to be something frightening right?
1 comment:
Nadia is growing up so fast! I can't believe it!!! I love Rowan's tape creations! Now we know what to send him for Christmas!!! Love ya'll!
Post a Comment