One of the highlights of our week was having a Rifftrax/New Moon get together at our place with some friends. There were some pretty hilarious jabs and it was nice to kick back and enjoy some down time. Apparently we didn't clean up after ourselves very well because the next morning Rowan ran into our room and told us he had a GREAT idea- we should pretend that there was a movie theater downstairs and watch a movie. He had found our living room set up differently to optimize viewing the television and he had also found our leftover popcorn and chips. So he filled up empty bowls with chips and popcorn and put a Scooby-doo movie on. He even collected pretend movie tickets as we came down the stairs. Normally we don't watch T.V. first thing in the morning, but this was a definite exception.

I'm still cringing about letting them eat the leftover popcorn, but he was so into the whole thing.

It was nice to have Steve around a little bit more than usual with the kids. Nadia is becoming quite the little reader and found Steve to be a willing participant.

We also have some new members of the family in our household. Meet Batfish and Robin II.

A few weeks back I went to an enrichment activity and won some goldfish. I joke that I always seem to win things when I don't care and this seems to prove my theory. The night before I went to a community subdivision meeting where there are a lot of prizes given away for attending. This is the second year that I have walked away empty-handed even though there are a ton of prizes. The only year Steve and I have won something was the year that there were more prizes than attendees. It's a good thing we don't gamble. Anyways, now we have fish. Robin I didn't live past the first night so Rowan never got to see him, which was for the best. We decided Batfish looked a little lonely- seriously, he would spend the day doing something that looked like he was circling the drain- so we got him Robin II. This will be a nice test run for a pet, but I find I'm kind of paranoid about them. Last night I had a dream that I had a cat, but I had forgotten to change the litter and feed it for an entire year. It was still alive in my dream, but I found it pretty disturbing. Fish aren't that durable.
Apparently, Easter is approaching. I'm so not up to date on holidays. This Sunday my co-teacher Carli taught a lesson that involved the Easter Bunny and Rowan was completely clueless. I'm sure we've mentioned it in the past so maybe he just forgot from a year ago, but it was just sad, yet funny to watch him laughing in class about something that sounded so strange. But, seriously the Easter Bunny is weird- a bunny who hides dyed hard-boiled eggs? Someone in the seventies must of come up with that when tie dye and smoking mind-altering substances were in. Off the soapbox now... the kids wore their Easter outfits with General Conference on next week and I managed to get a few pictures after church.

Yes, they really are that fun.



Yes, they really are that beautiful.

Yes, they really do love each other that much.

I guess it's been a while since I've taken pictures with these two together. We tried the usual setup of Rowan holding Nadia, but that didn't work out this time as evidenced by the following-

I'm admittedly still in shock about how fast this has all happened.

We've also started up a new family tradition. Sunday is now our dessert day! Last week we had banana cream pie and this week we did doughnuts. It's fun to bake with Rowan and enjoy a special treat at the same time and Sunday is the perfect day to do it. Aside from a minor kitchen fire and some burns from splattering oil, this doughnut making experiment was a great success- so good!! I'm wearing a glove in this picture to avoid future oil burns.

Yummy fried goodness!

And my fabulous glazer...

Suffice it to say, my house smells like a doughnut factory right now.
Life is good. And that's all she wrote.
4 comments:
Around here the Easter Bunny leaves candy filled eggs. Who wants hard boiled ones?! I love their Easter outfits! I've been wanting to make doughnuts forever but for some reason deep fried things make me nervous.
Those pictures are so stinkin adorable!! I love how happy they are together. What cuties!
Edit: I don't hide hard boiled eggs for my kids to find! Can you imagine the smell if one wasn't found? Sick!
We do hide the candy-filled ones, but I do hate dying hard-boiled eggs mainly because I hate hard-boiled eggs. The smell makes me sick to my stomach.
Cute pictures, it reminds me that I need to take some of my kids.
I'd love to get your doughnut recipe if you are willing to share, I've been wanting to try making them sometime.
Post a Comment