Friday, August 20, 2010

Family Pictures

A while ago, a friend of mine let me know that her best friend from Texas, who just happened to be a photographer, was coming into town and was interested in doing sessions with other locals. I signed up thinking it would be great to finally get some pictures where we didn't look like a poster for birth control. My one regret from my wedding was not hiring a professional photographer and I don't want to have similar regrets as my family grows older. So we signed up and I had high hopes that my children would be cooperative and everything would go smoothly. Because family life is just that way....right?

The day of the pictures there was a extreme heat advisory. Rowan refused to smile and had a big fit. We were all drenched in sweat. I went home depressed, sure that nothing had turned out and that I'd just wasted my family's time and money. Still, I held out hope that at least one picture would turn out. I haven't seen all of the pictures yet, but the photographer just posted a sampling of that day on her blog. Considering the obstacles she had to work with, I am estactic. Thank you Kristen- you are a miracleworker!!

Check it out at http://kristendukephotography.com/

6 comments:

Candice McWhorter said...

they are SO cute!

Julie said...

I was just going to tell you that I saw them on her blog and LOVED them. They are so good!

Jessica Bybee said...

Wow!!!! They are so good! How fun! You will treasure these for years!

Crys said...

Looks good!

Janna said...

love 'em!

vesta said...

oh rach, that is how our family pics went. It was so hot, (next time I am doing it fall or early summer). I was bawling at the end, the kids were running non stop and voila, my pics turned out great! I kept asking her, "how did you get that picture?" That is the mark of a good photographer.