Monday, January 24, 2011

8 Years

Apparently the traditional 8 year anniversary gift involves bronze. In this case, I just went with bronzer. Does anyone actually follow these things?

Steve and I had the good fortune to have my mom in town during our anniversary so we took advantage and had a great day out on the town. Steve started out the day with breakfast in bed (Rowan was so excited to participate in this). Raspberry pancakes and the chance to sleep in is so much better than a hunk of bronze. After getting a few things done at work, I was greeted with flowers. I teased Steven that the last time he gave me flowers was when we got engaged. To be fair, I've told Steven multiple times that I feel like flowers are kind of a waste of money and that I'd rather get something that lasts. But every 8 years or so it's nice to get them. :)

We ended up going to see The Tourist, whch got pretty bad reviews, but we really liked it. It was way better than some of the other movies we've seen in the theater lately. Then we went to Barnes and Noble for some book persuing and ended up eating dinner at Radio Maria. Seriously the best meal ever! We had some really nice specialty sodas- black cherry cream and grapefruit. Steve got a hanger steak on some kind of pasta with fennel and I had a grilled salmon with shitake mushroom and bacon fries, mashed potatoes with some kind of incredible sauce, and kale that was prepared to a crispy consistency, yet it was so flavorful. The restaurant was practically empty since it was a snowy weeknight and it was a really relaxing atmosphere. If I were wealthy I'd eat there every day. SOOOO good!!






And now I'm hungry...sigh.

Did I mention I really like being married to this guy? Best decision ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's posts like these that make me want to be married. :) Happy late anniversary!!

Candice McWhorter said...

awh! I love this post. I'm so glad you found a man that makes you feel like that.