-Made 300 bon bons
-Steven was gone half the week
-Helped assemble and deliver said 300 bon bons
-Had missionaries over for dinner
-Delivered dinner to a friend who was sick
-Had a procedure done to correct some complications from past pregnancies
-Helped host a double baby shower/service project where we made blankets for the crisis nursery in town
-Preschool, swim class, lego class, and other typical craziness
Last week may be record breaking for me. The Young Women's program here does an annual fundraiser to raise money for girls' camp in the summer. Our girls followed tradition with last year and did "Treats for my Sweet" which essentially is Valentine gift boxes ordered by members in the ward. To ensure a good quality product, the leaders made the treats and the girls assembled and delivered the boxes. This year's fundraiser was so successful that I ended up making 300 peanut butter bon bons (aka buckeyes) with the help of my blessed friend Julie. I had no clue how to make them and I've had horrible luck in the baking department, so I am so grateful she could come show me the ropes. Otherwise I would have had to tell everyone that the young women made them. ;)
Only 230 to go!
Steven was gone Monday morning until late Wednesday night for an interview in Chicago. Which meant I delivered some of the gift boxes with my kids in tow. Rowan was practically asleep by the time we got home. Thanks again to Julie for watching them for the majority of mutual and for Tiffany who stayed at my house so I could go pick up Steve at the train station. I don't know what I would have done without my friends this week.
The kids got some of these boxes for Valentine's Day. They were well received!
I got to have the missionaries over for dinner on Tuesday and it ended up being the last night on the mission for one sister. At first I was tempted to cancel because I was supposed to be making bon bons and Steve was gone. I'm really glad I didn't. The sisters gave a sweet message about pressing forward that I needed to hear at that moment and I especially needed the comforting presence of the spirit that night. After they left, I felt impressed to take the rest of our dinner to a friend who had been sick. I wish the spirit's promptings could always be so strong in my home and I'm thankful that the missionaries brought that with them.
I also went in this week to get a quick procedure done that will hopefully fix some issues I've had since I was pregnant with Rowan. (Thanks again to Julie for watching my kids- I owe her big time!!) It ended up being more invasive than I thought, but thankfully I was back on my feet soon enough to help host a double baby shower and service project for two friends in the ward. We made blankets for a crisis nursery in town and I was in charge of providing cheesecake and direction with the blankets. I wasn't sure how to construct the blankets, but thankfully there were ladies there with far more experience than me. Just another example of how you just have to press forward and God will make up for what you lack with his grace. I have gained such a testimony of this this week.
3 comments:
I'm always happy to be reimbursed with cheesecake!
Wow! That is a lot of BonBons!
Wow, Rachel. I didn't realize all that you had going on! Thanks for all your help -- and those Buckeyes were fabulous.
Post a Comment