We've hit Lego mania here. Rowan grew in his interest for Legos because of some he got for Christmas and since then that's all he plays with. We've even agreed to sell some of his old toys to fund some new purchases. His absolute favorite is this one-

He sleeps with it every night and pesters all of his friends and family to play it with him all the time. I'm starting to wonder if the fact that his Dad left shortly before he received this set left him with some odd attachment issues :). Speaking of Steve, he finally made it home after his rescheduled flight was rescheduled and delayed multiple times. I think it would have been a lot easier on me if I had a fixed time that I knew I could rely on. The failed expectations really starting getting to me after a while.
Back to the newly christened 5 year old, Rowan has started a lego class with some friends and he'll start swim lessons again next week. Preschool is also back on track, so he'll be a busy boy this semester.
On his birthday, much to my delight, Rowan requested cheesecake.
I've got the recipe down, but I still haven't figured out how to keep the top from browning. It happened once before, but I don't know what I did differently. Tips?
Rowan has become quite the little builder. He loves constructing things and being creative. Currently, his room has a web of ropes for his "zip lines". He got a magnet building set this Christmas which has also proved to be quite popular.
We've been doing some babysitting swaps during the week too, to get us through these winter months. Rowan has some great friends.
Pirate pioneer ballerina vs gun for hire
Nadia does too. :)
And when Nadia has her friends over, Rowan is always happy to provide the in house entertainment.
I've said it once and I'll say it again- Rowan is the best big brother.
Love you buddy!
2 comments:
Hey what? What is lego class? Aedan is all about the Lego City stuff now and they are all over! I would love to hear your storage solutions for those...
Miss those kids!
I actually like cheesecakes better when they're brown on top. They look like they're not cooked when they aren't brown on top.
Post a Comment