We also played Settlers of Catan, a graduation present from Jessica and Mike. Steve and I love that game! Hopefully we can sucker people into playing it with us down in SC. Later on Saturday we went to Allerton Park because the Bybees had never been and we wanted to see it one last time before we left Illinois. It was a perfect day for it- not too hot, not too cold. The river bottom was the most flooded I've ever seen it.
Nadia was a bit too enthralled with the lawnmower to strike a smile.
We ventured on a little hike to see the centaur statue. The little kids did pretty well for the most part. Nadia ended up on Steve's shoulders for the majority of the time, which wouldn't have been so bad if she had kept her tongue in her mouth. I think she liked the feel of the wind on it- Steve didn't care for the feel of her drool on his head though.
I'm a little camera happy it seems.
Rowan carried these sticks most of the way back to make a "frog jail". Sadly our stay at the water was short lived due to these next pictures.
Nadia decided to get a little up close and personal with the fish in the koi pond. It wasn't intentional, but it seems like she's prone to these kinds of experiences. Luckily it was at the latter end of our excursion. She fell asleep pretty quickly once we were headed back home and missed out on some Jarlings on the way back. It was a pretty calorie laden weekend. I also learned to make deep fried Twinkies.
We're big fans.
Nadia also made a surprising new friend this weekend.
Maybe she does like other people's daddies after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment