Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An Explosive Weekend

My weekend plans for the fourth of July plans were set. We were going to go to a boat parade followed by fireworks over the lake on Saturday and on Monday, we'd go to a local Peach festival and stuff ourselves silly. Instead I had sick kids all weekend. Rowan got so bad that his fever almost hit 105 under his arm and he could not keep even his medicine down. When I took him in, he was so dehydrated they couldn't even get the IV in because his veins kept failing. Eventually they decided to just inject the medicine in him and hope it would work enough for him to keep some fluids down. Suffice it to say we didn't end up in the ER and he is doing much better. I wish I could say the same for Steve and I (no we aren't in the ER, but we definitely have felt better).

I feel like things keep going wrong since we moved here. In case I am delusional, I have started a poll in which you are free to anonymously vote and tell me I'm crazy. The sad part is that I feel like I haven't even touched on a lot of what isn't going well here. Like the lady who drove into our mailbox yesterday, but that was actually amusing in it's own way. Steve's job seems to be the one area of our life that has been going well thankfully. But I still feel like I'm experiencing an unusually high amount of bad luck lately. Do you agree?

5 comments:

Julie said...

You poor things! I told you that you should have stayed until we left. :)
Things can only get better, right?

Crys said...

The barfing on holidays is not new :)...but sorry for all your bad luck. Come up and visit me for a change in mojo! On a positive note we got our Winfield money today and painting was less than 1000...wait is 730 positive????

Bleen said...

Okay, why have you gotten your money from Winfield before me? I'm going to call them today. Punks.

Where's mojo?

Shelly said...

I wish I could call you crazy, but your luck has been bad.

I agree with Julie. (btw a friend of mine has been hit in her car three times this year, a mechanic, an off duty police officer and an insurance adjuster, feel better?)

Janna said...

Moving alone is enough for pity. Sorry things aren't settling down. After we moved across the country, we found out we were having (surprise!!) a third child. Could be worse. :)