I had a great birthday this year. Not that I got lavish presents or that I magically turned 25 again, but I really felt loved and supported by those around me. My visiting teachers had a little lunch party for me and a few other people came. Then another friend in the ward made me a beautiful chocolate cake. Steve took us out for dinner at a local Mexican place. All in all it was low key, but it was just what I needed.
I love my little goofballs.


Proof that something can be cute and decadent at the same time. It was delicious!!!
We came home and opened a gift from Grandma (and Grandpa) Luke. Steve paid my insane blood tests and ultrasound bills that month as a present to me. It was very romantic. :)

Grandma tapes a mean present. Luckily, I had plenty of help ripping it open.


Yes, I am a crazy person who does not own a single potholder. I cook plenty, I promise! Elaine must of noticed and took pity on me. I also got some cool Pampered Chef gadgets. Grandma Dorothy sent me cash to help fund a crazy expensive wheat grinder purchase along with the Christmas money I got from Steve's parents. Wheat grinders and potholders- I must be 30 to get excited over those.
Preschool
We're still doing preschool once a week, but we've added another member to our group. It's been such a nice diversion in the week and I'm grateful for it.
Painting some "T is for Transportation" toys.
Nadia has also started some Kindermusik lessons Steve's parents gave her for her birthday. She LOVES them. It's been another little happy activity in the week that gets us out of the house and gives Nadia something to do.
The first day, all the other kids were timid and wanted their parents to stay. Nadia pushed me out the door. I've never been more proud.

Valentine's Day
A friend in the ward put on a Valentine's Day party for the kiddos where we decorated our bags and sugar cookies. Afterwards we passed out Valentines. Nadia wasn't that interested in passing out the valentines, but she was all over receiving them and eating her massive sugar cookie. Rowan wasn't as lucky since you can't exchange candy at his school. Call me crazy, but pencils and stickers just aren't as fun. Nadia was kind enough to share with him.



Comparing hauls at the end of the day.
For Valentine's Day, Steve paid more of my insane medical bills. (Are you sensing a theme here?) It was still very romantic. I think I also got some "honey- do" chores done and a footrub out of it too. Woo Hoo!! I love that man.
Zoo
I think this was Memorial Day. A group of ladies from the ward went to the zoo and we got in free with someone's amazing pass. Not only did we get to see the animals, but we got to do all the extra things like feed the birds, ride the ponies, feed the giraffes, ride the train and go on the carousel. It was a blast!





Gardening
For FHE, we started our plants as an activity. I'm tempted to plant them outside now because they are getting so big already. The kids have loved watching the tomatoes and peppers progress and we hope to have a successful little garden this year.

Lowes
For the past several months, Steve (or occasionally I) have been taking the kiddos to Lowes for their "Build and Grow" workshops. They've acquired quite a few badges and love going for their Daddy time.




My mom also came at the end of February for another one of her 4 day visits. It was so nice to have her come and so crazy that I failed to take a single picture. I'm still in denial that the next time I see her, I'll have a 1 month old. I wish we lived closer. It was probably good that Grandma didn't stick around though because Rowan was horribly sick after she left. For 5 days he barely moved from the couch. Fever and vomiting do not make for a good visit. Not only that but the poor guy lost his two front teeth while it was all happening. The dentist says he's got 4 others that are loose and he's getting a back molar. Not a lot of apple eating for him I'm afraid.
Nadia was thrilled for the day or so that Rowan and she "matched." I'm still sad I didn't get a picture when they did. It would have made for a great "We live in the South" postcard.


The baby bump
I'm not ashamed to say I took this in the "skinny" mirror. As you can probably tell, I haven't been utilizing that treadmill in the background. I'm as big as I was when I delivered Rowan and I'm only 29 weeks. Take that Jessica Simpson.
And last but not least, I got an ultrasound of our little Elsa last week. They say she is measuring small now, which I don't believe for one second. She is also head up, something I never had with my other kids, but I suppose there is still plenty of time for her to flip over. I sold all of Nadia's baby clothes (for the best since they are going to be opposite seasons anyways) so I have been doing a little eBaying and clearance shopping along with the odd garage sale to build up a new wardrobe for her. We're slowly, but surely getting ready here.


We are so incredibly blessed.
I love my little goofballs.
We came home and opened a gift from Grandma (and Grandpa) Luke. Steve paid my insane blood tests and ultrasound bills that month as a present to me. It was very romantic. :)
Grandma tapes a mean present. Luckily, I had plenty of help ripping it open.
Yes, I am a crazy person who does not own a single potholder. I cook plenty, I promise! Elaine must of noticed and took pity on me. I also got some cool Pampered Chef gadgets. Grandma Dorothy sent me cash to help fund a crazy expensive wheat grinder purchase along with the Christmas money I got from Steve's parents. Wheat grinders and potholders- I must be 30 to get excited over those.
Preschool
We're still doing preschool once a week, but we've added another member to our group. It's been such a nice diversion in the week and I'm grateful for it.
Painting some "T is for Transportation" toys.
The first day, all the other kids were timid and wanted their parents to stay. Nadia pushed me out the door. I've never been more proud.
Valentine's Day
A friend in the ward put on a Valentine's Day party for the kiddos where we decorated our bags and sugar cookies. Afterwards we passed out Valentines. Nadia wasn't that interested in passing out the valentines, but she was all over receiving them and eating her massive sugar cookie. Rowan wasn't as lucky since you can't exchange candy at his school. Call me crazy, but pencils and stickers just aren't as fun. Nadia was kind enough to share with him.
Comparing hauls at the end of the day.
For Valentine's Day, Steve paid more of my insane medical bills. (Are you sensing a theme here?) It was still very romantic. I think I also got some "honey- do" chores done and a footrub out of it too. Woo Hoo!! I love that man.
Zoo
I think this was Memorial Day. A group of ladies from the ward went to the zoo and we got in free with someone's amazing pass. Not only did we get to see the animals, but we got to do all the extra things like feed the birds, ride the ponies, feed the giraffes, ride the train and go on the carousel. It was a blast!
Gardening
For FHE, we started our plants as an activity. I'm tempted to plant them outside now because they are getting so big already. The kids have loved watching the tomatoes and peppers progress and we hope to have a successful little garden this year.
Lowes
For the past several months, Steve (or occasionally I) have been taking the kiddos to Lowes for their "Build and Grow" workshops. They've acquired quite a few badges and love going for their Daddy time.
My mom also came at the end of February for another one of her 4 day visits. It was so nice to have her come and so crazy that I failed to take a single picture. I'm still in denial that the next time I see her, I'll have a 1 month old. I wish we lived closer. It was probably good that Grandma didn't stick around though because Rowan was horribly sick after she left. For 5 days he barely moved from the couch. Fever and vomiting do not make for a good visit. Not only that but the poor guy lost his two front teeth while it was all happening. The dentist says he's got 4 others that are loose and he's getting a back molar. Not a lot of apple eating for him I'm afraid.
Nadia was thrilled for the day or so that Rowan and she "matched." I'm still sad I didn't get a picture when they did. It would have made for a great "We live in the South" postcard.
The baby bump
I'm not ashamed to say I took this in the "skinny" mirror. As you can probably tell, I haven't been utilizing that treadmill in the background. I'm as big as I was when I delivered Rowan and I'm only 29 weeks. Take that Jessica Simpson.


We are so incredibly blessed.
2 comments:
So I think you look great! Nice and pregnant and happy, but I just wanted to post this so you know I'm right there with you. Remember me at 26 weeks!!!
http://mommidiary.blogspot.com/2011/09/week-26-motherhood-there-is-no-dignity.html
I was only bigger three weeks later when the Cheetah was born. People who saw me come into the hospital thought I was full term :) Silly I've had other babies body. Why can't you hold up like you used too :) I thin
You look great!! Sounds like you've had a lot of fun, and man that cake looks delicious.
Post a Comment