Sunday, July 22, 2012

Baby Shower



I didn't think I would have another baby shower after I had one for Rowan.  Our old ward had an unspoken "first child" only baby shower rule since we had so many student families who were having babies left and right.  But my new ward doesn't have many pregnant women in it (I don't know of anyone who is pregnant in our ward right now and I think there's only been 2 babies born this year) and my visiting teachers insisted on throwing me one.  I managed to hit an awesome garage sale in May where I got enough clothes to last Elsa through her first year and so we did a Diaper and Dinner shower.  I didn't get everyone who came in these pictures since a few people left early, but I'm glad I got at least most of the people who came.  It was a casual evening with no games and lots of good food.  Honestly it was just what I needed before Elsa joined our family.  Having children while being so far away from our family is not easy and we've found ourselves very dependent on our ward family in their absence.  I'm so grateful for these ladies' support and friendship.  They are the best!  I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for our family by helping us to move to wards that are so good to us while we live away from our loved ones out West.  I'm pretty sure I have enough diapers to last us for at least 6 months and the dinners came in handy when I was too exhausted to get in the kitchen.  It's been a great blessing for our family.

No comments: