When Elsa was about 2 weeks old, Rowan and Nadia got to go to swim lessons at a friend's pool for 5 straight days. It was a lifesaver, despite having a newborn and experiencing 100 degree weather. My kids needed to get out of the house and I needed a reason to get them out. They loved going to the pool and we ended up spending our entire afternoons there. It was also perfect timing on the way home as we passed Sonic right before their happy hour drink special ended. I got to chat with other members of our ward who also signed up their kids to take lessons from Angelyn Aiken (my visiting teacher and the bishop's wife) while the kids played and did their lessons. She is fantastic at teaching kids how to swim. I was amazed at the progress Rowan and Nadia made in just one week. There were 3 kids per class and they spent one hour a day with Angelyn. I think I prefer that over the larger groups that we've done in the past. Nadia now does great at putting her face underwater and jumping in and Rowan can swim across the pool unassisted with his head under, which is a big improvement for him.
Our friend's pool happens to have a waterslide that a lot of the kids were hestitant to go down. Nadia, of course, was the only one in her group to try it on the very first day. I don't even think Rowan did it until the third day of lessons.
This is Rowan in the middle of the week. He was doing even better by Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment