Sunday, November 11, 2012

Trick or Treat!


 Nadia choose to be a "kitty princess" this year.  I already had a princess dress in our costume box, so I just got the kitty accessories and put them on.  She loved it and I loved her creativity in coming up with something different!
 Not by her own choice, but Elsa was a bat this year.  I had matching bee costumes for Elsa and Nadia, but they weren't really that warm, so we only wore them to a Cub Scout party that was indoors.  Didn't get a picture sadly.  But the bat costume was great for keeping Elsie warm.


After a lot of deliberation, Rowan was an army man this year.  It was really easy compared to the metal Sonic and werewolf ideas, especially since masks weren't allowed at the trunk or treat.
 Strike a pose!
 Elsa really wasn't that unhappy at the church.  I mistook my size with her added on and rubbed her nose on the car door as I was shutting it.  Bad mommy moment.  Anyways, I actually was a little festive and wore a witch hat.  Go me.
 Steve wasn't festive, but he wore a hat.  :)

This year's trunk or treat was really well organized.  The kids had corn dogs and watched Charlie Brown on the projector while everyone decorated their trunks.  No chili thank goodness!

 Post trick or treating.  We drank hot chocolate and the kids handed out the remainder of our candy.
Elsie enjoying the warmth of her costume.  Trick or treating is kind of over-rated if you can't eat the candy.


 The following day was actual Halloween.  We all dressed up so we could enjoy $2 Chipotle meals and then went around the neighborhood.  Once again, the kids had more fun handing out candy when they got home than getting it.  Charity is good I guess.

We couldn't let Elsa go without a special treat, so we decided to give her her first sampling of solid foods on Halloween.  She gobbled it up!  I've never had a baby take to rice cereal so well.  Usually I wait until 6 months, but I'm getting tired in my old age and Elsa was more than ready for this transition.  I'm so glad we didn't wait- 8 hour sleep at night is so worth it!





No comments: