Sunday, December 23, 2012

Proof That We Are Risktakers...

Two weeks before Elsa was to arrive into the world, Steve had a conference he was scheduled to attend down in Naples, Florida.  The thought of being alone with the kids for a week that close to my due date was not enticing at all.  Especially combined with the thought of Steve relaxing on a beach somewhere without us.  Eventually I decided I was going with him and taking the kids along too.  His trip was completely paid for and his stipend covered all of the gas, meals and the hotel.  I'm so glad we went even though it was a complete risk that I might go into labor in Florida.  But it was so nice to eat out every meal, have time with Steve, enjoy the beach and the hotel pool with the kids and have a maid clean our room every day!  Looking at my house right now makes me want to go back. 

The bugs were NASTY on the way down.  Our car will never be the same- the bugs ruined our paint job.  Apparently we drove through during "love bug" season.  I've never seen swarms like that before.  They were in biblical proportions!  Nadia tried to get some off when we stopped for gas (we could hardly see out the window at one point), but they were stuck on there for good.  Poor car.

We've been to a lot of beaches since moving to SC.  Florida had the mildest waves and the best sand.  It was GORGEOUS, but not so good for boogie boarding.  Thankfully we arrived before hurricane season.


Elsa along for the ride.  I was surprised I could see my feet, so I had to snap a picture.


Eating out for every meal was like heaven!  We went to the Cheesecake Factory for Mother's Day and enjoyed lots of other meals all around Naples.  Such a treat.

The grounds at the hotel where we stayed were amazing.  They must of had a master gardener on staff there, because everywhere you turned there were these incredible arrangements.  


When we weren't at the beach, we went to the pool.  

Steve had a lot of free time inbetween conference sessions.  I was glad he was around to help as I was feeling pretty worn out most of the time.  I am SO glad I went as opposed to staying home and trying to take care of the house and kids by myself.  Definitely worth the risk.


Our hotel was really nice!  We had everything we needed and the maids were great!  They did fun arrangements with our Pillow Pets every day and miraculously got rid of the mountains of sand we kept dumping in our room.

The dangerously large baby bump.  I didn't tell my doctor I was leaving the state.  She probably wouldn't have let me as she was a bit paranoid.  


No comments: