January can be summed up in one word. Flu. Yuck. What a horrible month. Now we enter February and hopefully will stay healthy through it all. I go to Canada at the end of the month and I'm nervously anticipating traveling alone with Elsa on an airplane for the first time. Our flight will take 12 hours with, I think, 3 layovers. I'm going to go nuts trying to keep her from touching everything as the last thing I want is a sick baby in Canada. They have bad healthcare you know. ;) All kidding aside, I probably would have to pay out of pocket there. Bleh.
Is there anything cuter than a baby passport? I think not.
Look at her cute little bottom teeth. She is getting her top ones and they are killing me! She wakes up all night long. Definitely my worst teether and she doesn't really care for her binky. Good thing she's so darn cute.
We are supposed to hear from BYU at the end of the month whether Steve got the job or not. Mixed feelings all around. I'd like to get my "get out of jail" card (haven't been loving SC lately), but the problem with moving to a place you lived before is you already know what's wrong with it. Sometimes it's nice to move to a place and be ignorant of its downfalls. But I'm sure Provo is a different experience when you aren't single and grumpy at life. Maybe I'm just a grumpy person in general.
Elsa and I took these pictures with the self-timer. Steve doesn't spontaneously take pictures and I hardly have any with the kids and me together. Luckily Elsa likes blinking red lights. She also loves my computer, any electrical cord and the vacuum, which doesn't bode well for her teething ways. Technology might be the death of her one of these days.
I've started a weight loss program after feeling like the pregnancy weight was never going to go away. My friend did it last year, lost 30+ lbs and kept it off, so I saw that as promising. The last thing I wanted to do was get into a yo-yo diet. Since January I've lost 15 pounds and I'm super happy about that. It's a low carb, lean protein plan that's not super crazy and has been pretty manageable. The worst part is dinner, as I'm usually doing two different meals or at least tweaking the meal for me, but overall I feel good and plan to keep going. It's been difficult not to turn to food with all the stress and the grumpiness going on, but I want to not use food to deal with things that are out of my control.
Other than that, not much new is going on here. I'm looking forward to spring (aka the summer that doesn't give you heat stroke) and maybe making some more trips in the not too distant future. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment