Someone turned 7! 7 years old! My baby will get baptized this year. Where did time go?
Rowan asked for a chocolate cake this year. As usual, I get overwhelmed with holidays and Christmas, so it was nothing fancy, but it was massively huge.
Rowan is growing before my eyes. He is beyond sweet to his baby sister and 85% so to Nadia. They are best friends and truly play together non-stop. Sometimes I forget what a blessing that is. Rowan loves Minecraft and video games, much to my chagrin. We plan to get him involved in some karate classes come March and see how he likes those. He does great in school and has good friends. Rowan's biggest difficulty in life is doing his chores. You just have to say "clean..." and he'll flop on the floor in a muscle-less mound, bemoaning his fate in life. We're working on it. Rowan also has a great memory and retains facts that he's learned years ago just like his father. It's humbling to occasionally be corrected by a little kid. He still loves to read, eat dessert, and be imaginative. He would eat 4 waffles for breakfast every day if I'd let him and hass been planning out his leprechaun trap for several months now. I love this boy!!
I did mention the love of all things Lego too, right? Lego, lego, lego.
2 comments:
Happy late birthday Rowan and Nadia! I had to comment because Zach has also been planning his leprechaun trap for a while. He also woke me up at 6 one day to ask me how many more days there were until St Patrick's Day. Not the best way to wake up someone with a newborn.
If it makes you feel better about Nadia-Halle failed her speech test at preschool and had a huge tantrum one day when she was trying to tell us that she wanted fruit mentos when I went to the store. She kept telling us that they looked like m&m's and had pinecone flavor. ??? So we do a lot of describing too and Halle gets very frustrated.
That does make me feel better Julie!! Rowan was an anomaly when it came to speech and I have no idea what is normal for a 4 year old!
Post a Comment