No one really requested swim lessons this year, but I'm determined to get my kids better at it even if we don't have many opportunities to go. What I really need to do is get a Provo Rec membership so we can go year round. They really love this indoor facility. One of these days.
This year I opted to get private lessons so that my kids could progress more than they would in a group class setting. It was worth every penny. I've spent too many summers watching my kids spend more time waiting for their turn for instruction rather than getting down to business. Rowan is still not a natural swimmer, but it was nice to see someone push him to stretch himself. Nadia, on the other hand, is a little fish! Her instructor was really impressed with her skill level at her age and she jumped into every lesson with a lot of enthusiasm.
My little fish. She did such a good job!
Poor Rowan. He really struggles with his breathing. But he's is awesome at swimming on his back now.
I thought I would have to spend most of my time wrangling Elsa from jumping in the pool but she was mercifully restrained. She loves the play part of the pool which is right next to this pool and she didn't try to escape over there once. I give credit to the bottle. I'm pretty sure she'll still be having her bottle when she's sixteen years old. Nadia and Rowan were binky addicts and I made them give that up at 2 years old. I must be getting to be a push over mom in my old age.
I really love it when I can hit two birds with one stone. It was so nice to go and get both lessons done at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment