Saturday, September 6, 2014

Late Summer

Labor Day we went on a family hike just up the road.  Even I went and thankfully we found a nice level trail that offered stunning views.  I feel bad we haven't gone more often.



 My little mountain goats.


Mom, here is proof that I do post unflattering pictures of myself.  I am so huge in this pregnancy.  My doctor laughs at every ultrasound.  Apparently I am housing a very large baby with what amounts to be an Olympic sized swimming pool in my womb.  I can hardly breathe some days. 

Steve's Christmas present came early this year.  Although there may be some confusion about whose toy this really is.  The kids were quite enamored with our new "tractor".  With the purchase of this home, we had to let go of our landscaping service, which was a sad thing.  To help Steve not spend his whole weekend upkeeping our yard, we bought this through a friend who works at Husqvarna.  It arrived a day late because the delivery guy forgot to bring a truck with a liftgate to set the pallet down.  He looked at me and asked me if I wanted to take a look at our 679 pound package and see if I could wrangle it off the truck myself.  Funny guy.  I might have taken him up on it if I was feeling like getting our hospital stay over with.




This ride is probably more age appropriate.  All three of them ride around in the backyard on this yard sale find.  Even Rowan, who would rather people not know that he drives a Princess Jeep.  Elsa would be hard pressed to find something she'd rather be doing.





Smoothie night.  Why so serious?



The weekend before school began, we went to the zoo with Austin and Gayle.  It was a good outing, but I was exhausted afterwards.  Elsa wasn't super cooperative and it was hot and hilly.  I'm really starting to slow down around here.  Elsa loved the train and the animals.  



We had several opportunities to go to the pool at Grandma's hotel when she was staying in Midvale.  The kids loved it.  Unfortunately, the bleach levels were too high and they ruined bathing suits and Victoria's hair one day.  My kids didn't put their hair in the water too much, so thankfully we avoided generous haircuts.
We've been having adventures in trying new sleep arrangements in preparation for the baby's arrival.  Our attempts to get Elsa to sleep in a big girl bed in Nadia's room have not gone well as evidenced by this picture.  She was doing so poorly, she'd fall asleep just about anywhere during the day.  One night I stirred in my sleep to find her a few inches from my face.  Needless to say, I screamed.  Another night Steven was awakened by someone stroking his arm and saying "more ba-ba?"  We then moved the crib into Nadia's room in hopes that Elsa would return to sleeping well, but she started waking and screaming in the night.  We'd run and get her out quickly so that she wouldn't wake up Nadia.  All we seemed successful in doing is preparing for lack of sleep when the baby comes.  Right now we have Nadia sleeping downstairs so that we can let Elsa cry it out at night.  It's been going well for now, so hopefully soon we'll reintroduce Nadia back into her old room.  It seems Elsa can only handle so much change at one time.  For now the big girl bed is a lower priority.

No comments: