Sunday, January 18, 2015

33!

It's still surreal to me that I am in my thirties.  I'm the youngest in my family, "Baby Rachel", and I'm 33 now.  My brothers are approaching their 50s.  Aging is so strange.

It was a nice day.  Steve gave a talk in sacrament, which is something I always enjoy because I don't get to see him in his element often.  He always does such a good job at keeping people's attention and livening up sacrament without losing the spirituality of the meeting.  I am so grateful to be his wife.

Later, the kids and Steve made triple fudge brownie sundaes, my favorite.  I even got a nap in.  All in all, it was a pleasant relaxed day with my family.  They're the best.



Trying to get Elsa to smile...

The kids decided to further celebrate my birthday by creating a volcanic explosion in the kitchen with Nadia's science kit she got for Christmas.  They even "cleaned" it up for me.  So kind.

Thanks kids.  They orchestrated this while I was distracted on the phone with my mom.  Although it should have occurred to me when Rowan asked where the vinegar, food coloring and baking soda was. 

1 comment:

Shelly said...

What a great birthday!