We did homemade valentines for the kids' classes this year. A little more time intensive than I was hoping, but that's mostly because of this...
Nadia's 2 different kindergarten classes meant over 60 valentines to distribute just for her alone. They turned out really cute though. Rowan's whoopee cushions were a big hit too, until his teacher had to ask for no more farting noises during their class party.
Nadia sharing her Valentine's bounty with Elsa and Elsa's friend Aaron. She is so good about sharing.
The other day we were having a discussion with Nadia and Rowan about how we need to be patient with Elsa as she hasn't quite reached the age of accountability yet. Little did we know, she was painting her nails, the walls, and the sink in her bathroom with nail polish while we were having this discussion. It could not be removed from the walls, so I have some painting in my future I guess. If you don't know where Elsa is and it has been quiet for more than 5 minutes, you know you are in trouble.
Rowan babysitting Sage. I'm so thankful for my older kids and their ability to help me out with their younger siblings.
Sage has started to be a fantastic sleeper at 4 months. We've really gotten into a nice routine with her and I'm so thankful for that. She wakes once during 12 hours for a bottle and goes right back to sleep, sometimes doing 8 hour stretches without waking. During the day she gets tired after being awake for 90 minutes or so. Part of the reason for this change was letting her sleep on her stomach. There would be days where her gas would be so bad, she would sleep soundly for 15 minutes and then wake up screaming. Being on her stomach solved her tummy troubles and she sleeps so much better. They say you shouldn't let babies sleep that way due to SIDS, but honestly it was to the point where I couldn't get her to sleep any other way than in the swing. Besides, she is rolling so much now that it would be difficult to keep her from rolling over on her own in the crib.
Sage is wearing one of my favorite onesies from Nadia and her boots too. I love seeing my girls in their sisters' hand-me-downs.
Aunt Chandy visited us over President's Day weekend. We had lots of fun with her and even managed a hike with all four kids. We found two caves, a random leather couch and enjoyed the beautiful spring-like temperatures.
The first cave and our kids' personal favorite.
Forever my happy baby. She is my little trooper. The road got pretty rough in areas, but she didn't seem to mind at all.
Chandra was more adventurous than us and took the kids up this steep hill.
Zoomed in when they got to the top.
Steve and Elsa went to go investigate the second cave. This one was extremely deep to the point that Steve couldn't see the end even with his flashlight. It creeped me out so much I couldn't even go look. The last time I went to check out a cave, I was barely older than Elsa. We were hiking in the mountains as a family and we decided to take some trails that didn't seem that used. As we reached the end of one path, we found a cave and there was a dead deer in the entrance. Not smart. We also stepped on a hornet's nest as we were leaning over to check it out and were swiftly attacked. My brother Darren picked me up and ran with me out of there, resulting with me only getting two stings, one on each knee, and Darren getting the brunt of the hornets' anger. He was my hero that day. We managed to find some relief in a stream by putting mud on our sores. Thankfully that was not repeated this day.
Just a beautiful day. Rowan was probably talking Chandra's ear off about Pokemon or Minecraft.
We managed two dates that weekend. One of them Chandra babysat our kids so we could go have dinner out. The second was later in the week. We got babysitters for the kids and went on campus for dinner at the Cougar Eat. Afterwards, Steve came to my Pearl of Great Price class that I'm auditing this semester. It was a nice outing and also redeeming since the last time Steve went to a class of mine, we were dating and it ended up being a breastfeeding lecture complete with detailed videos in my child development class. Now that was awkward.
Cute Converstaions
Sitting at church in the hallway, an old man walks by with a cane...
Elsa excitedly says: HEY! That people has a pogo stick!!
Grandma Dorothy and I are discussing art when the topic of Monet comes up...
Nadia: I know who that is!!
Us: Who? Monet?
Nadia: Yeah, we learned about him in kindergarten. He paints with quick strokes!
I love BYU kindergarten.
No comments:
Post a Comment