Friday, December 4, 2015

Early December

 Meowy Christmas!  Our cat has been going a little crazy with the colder weather.  The Christmas tree gave him something new to explore indoors.
This baby swing has gotten a lot of mileage over the years.  Sage used it every time she got sick or had trouble sleeping.  These days, the girls clamor over it to use as a comfortable seat or just to swing in.  Occasionally, Elsa will have a turn with it, but it has been clearly marked as Sage's territory.  To the point that she will sit on you if you are using it.

Festival of Trees

I have wanted to go to a Christmas tree festival for a long time.  The last one I remember going to was back in Chicago at one of the museums there.  This year, I decided last minute to go and I called up my sister to join me.  It turned out to be a nice outing together.

 I was amazed at the extent of this event.  We only perused the large tree section, but there were wreaths, small trees, quilts, and gingerbread house sections that we passed by.  Next year I'll plan for more time.  Elsa wasn't super cooperative at first, but once we utilized her idol, Viktoria, everything went a lot more smoothly.

My favorites ended up being mostly flocked trees, which I never thought I would like.




 Elsa's favorite trees were the Halloween themed ones (surprise!) and the Curious George one.



 Everyone was a lot happier after we took advantage of the freshly made cinnamon rolls.

 Rows upon rows of trees!  I wish my mom could have been there with us.
 We found a tree to match Elsa's hat.
 Nadia's favorite trees were the wildlife (surprise!) themed ones and the wolf themed one.
 Howling her approval.  Love this crazy kid.
 The girls found what would have been Grandma D's favorite tree.
This is only half the space.   It's an amazing event that I hope to make a traditional part of our Christmas celebrations. 

Speaking of Christmas traditions, I now know to get the gingerbread house kit from Walmart instead of trying to do one with graham crackers and icing.  I also now know that I should check said kit to see if the pieces are broken prior to bringing it home.  I also have learned that if I get two kits for two little girls, the kits should be exactly the same to avoid massive fighting.  I learned so many lessons this year!

 Gingerbread fail.  Also, Rowan picture taking fail. 
Eventually we did get it all worked out and I don't have a picture of said success, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

We watched the Christmas First Presidency Devotional and Sage had a grand time "conducting" the choir.  She got a little camera shy when I pulled the camera out, but Nadia helped coax her along.

No comments: