Monday, January 18, 2016

Hot and Cold

I turned 34 this month.  Yippee.  Steve was kind enough to let me pamper myself over the course of a few days.  I had my nails done, got a new camera, got a haircut, and did a few other things sans kids.  On my actual birthday, Steve made beef and broccoli topped off with candy cane brownies.  The kids helped him cook/bake and then we attempted to light 34 sparklers that we had left over from New Year's Eve.  It is kind of sad that I am now so old it is impossible to have all the candles lit at the same time.  It probably took us a good ten minutes to get to them all. 
A professional food photographer I am not, but it tasted pretty darn good.

We needed about 10 more people with lighters.  The windows actually had to be open so the smoke alarm didn't go off.
While Steve and I were attempting to almost burn our house down, Elsa decided to come down with a nasty cold/fever that we are still trying to rid our family of.  At first I thought she was just overtired, but when I felt her it was clear it was more serious than sleep deprivation.  It was pretty scary as she had a fever for 6 days and I could only get her to drink by squirting water in a large syringe down her throat.  Not the best birthday present.  Thankfully, she is doing better now.


A few days later, I got Sage's Canadian citizenship certificate in the mail and I found a Canadian vanilla ice cream that reminded me of Bluebell, a brand from the South that I sorely miss.  Thankfully the universe tends to offset bad experiences with good.

No comments: