Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Last Derby


Time is flying.  Rowan had his last Pinewood Derby this month and it was also Steve's last one as a Cubmaster in our ward (he got switched to 11 year scouts).  Part of me is sad that Rowan is growing up, but I'm not too torn up about this being our last Derby.  It's a little stressful helping get everything together and hard to see disappointment if things don't go well.

Thankfully, Rowan did very well this year and we didn't have to deal with the aftermath of a sad boy.  His Captain Literally (a character from Studio C) car won second place.  He was bested by a watermelon slice car.  He was really happy, but also a little wistful as he was so close to coming out on top.  Especially with it being his last race.  But it was a good experience and all the boys had fun.  Steve is good at entertaining both the boys and the adults at the same time.

 Rowan, if you ever complain about how I never took any good pictures of you, please know that these facial expressions of yours are intentional and out of my control.  Trying to get you to just stay in the frame is next to impossible.  I swear half of the pictures I take include a blur of Rowan leaping to get out of the shot.
Oh vey.
 Captain Literally is literally second best!

No comments: