Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cinco de Mayo Celebrations


 So we had a Cinco de Mayo party put on by some friends at our complex yesterday. I kept telling Rowan we were going to a party and he insisted it was his birthday. Rowan thinks the world revolves around him, which to be honest it pretty much does until we get some other competition around here. Anyways, it was a ton of fun, pinata and all. Rowan's got the pinata thing down- hit and hoard.
Being Canadian, I was extremely limited to my exposure to Mexican food until I moved to the States. We had a Taco Bell, but I never went there- it had a less than enticing nickname which I won't repeat here. Honestly I don't think I had Mexican food until I went to college and now I'm hooked. There's no other genre of food I know of where you have several basic ingredients that are just complied differently to make a plethora of dishes. It's fool proof and oh so good.

1 comment:

The Walch Family said...

I was thinking about Cinco de Mayo the other day and realized I had only celebrated it once- last year in my classroom with my students. We'll have to see if Isabelle and I end up doing anything in the future for it. There's nothing I love more than a holiday (and a celebration for that holiday), but Cinco de Mayo usually sneaks past me because it's not that important to me, I guess. Only time will tell. =)