Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Big One

Since I'm laying on the couch sick, I may as well finally catalog our trip out to Utah/Idaho. We visited three different households in 2 weeks and I think the only thing we left behind was a bottle. That in and of itself is a miracle. (Update: apparently we also left two bottle lids and some poopy clothes- still a success in my books). Our first stop was Aunt V's place seeing as how we flew in at 11pm and she lives only 15 minutes away from the airport. After a bit of a horrendous night, things got better in the morning when the toys and the twins came out. I have to say my favorite part of this trip was seeing #1 interact with his cousins. Coming from a background where I had VERY little exposure to my extended family, I am just so thrilled to see my children enjoy this blessing in their lives.




Double trouble.

Backyards were a big part of our vacation- we enjoyed fabulous weather.

Apparently babies provide great entertainment.

We went to the aquarium the first day. Luckily the adults outnumbered the kids, because they all went off in different directions.
My cute preggers sister.

Here fishy fishy.


Baby N got pink eye the first day we arrived. You can tell her eyes are getting red here.

Driving the boat.

Hanging with the roaches.

Bathtime was big hit. This may be the only picture I got with all of them looking the same direction- granted P is picking his nose, but with three 3 year olds I'll consider this a success.

Baby N is only a few pounds less than her almost 2 year old cousin. She looks bigger than her in this picture though. N was a big hit with the cousins.

She looks a little scared in this one.

The backyardigans.




Gotta love Grandma.

Who are all these blue people?

The car also provided ample entertainment.

We got some family pictures taken too. I'm kind of sad that #1 fell down and bit his lip moments before we started taking them. I don't think he smiled in a single picture.


We're running out of lap space.

Aunt Chandy was a big hit. We can't wait for her arrival in 2 weeks!


He looks thrilled- #1 isn't much into pictures lately. He loved going on a hike with his dad and running around though.

My little explorers.

Who knew this was only 30 minutes away from Burley, Idaho? Shoshone Falls is gorgeous!



The outing ended with two kids soiling themselves (one got Grandpa pretty good- guess who) and another one getting sick. Never a dull moment.

Mr. S's birthday followed. I made gyros and cherry cheesecake- yummy!

Examining all the holes the candles made- it's a swiss cheesecake!

S and I gained the same amount of weight on this trip. I wonder why...


This was a great vacation! We were sad to leave and miss our family immensely!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you had a great time! Sorry we couldn't meet up! :( Next time, hopefully, since I doubt we'll be coming your way any time soon!

vesta said...

too fun! your blog remind me that I DESPARATELY need to take more pictures of my kids.

take care.

The Walch Family said...

We're glad you were able to make it out here to visit us. One of these days we're going to have to come visit you.