Sunday, June 28, 2009

We're Playing

With Aunt Chandy in town and Grandma D arriving tonight, blogging is probably going to be sparse the next few months. We're playing...A LOT...and Chand is babysitting...A LOT. Hopefully we won't abuse her kindness too much. Garage saling, birthday parties, random swapping of furniture and other festivities have been soaking up a lot of our time lately. Here's a few pictures taken inbetween the madness.
Maybe some swimming lessons are in order...

We love Aunt Chandy!



Baby N seemed to like the water just fine and #1 had a blast.

Chand and I have been making the rounds on the weekend and picked up this little (actually kind of big) beauty. The guy selling it had a sign in his garage that was not very noticable, but luckily Chand saw it so we took a look. Only $90 and when the family moves he's going to sell me 4 more chairs. We've already had some friends over for ice cream (they graciously went along with being enlisted to help us move the monstrousity) and played several games on it. There's a hidden leaf and storage in the middle- I'm in love! Luckily we sold our other table the same day (pocketed $175- not bad for the condition it was in). I love garage sales.
Out with the old... (It actually doesn't look so bad in this picture, but the base rocked on our tile floor and the top was really damaged- S also hated the chairs because he didn't feel like they were sturdy enough to stand on).


In with the new!


Here's some pictures of another project I've finished since I've had an extra set of hands to help with the kids. My father-in-law brought back a beautiful scarf from a recent trip to India and I wanted to frame it since it matched the colors in my living room, but I couldn't find a shadow box with the right stain or shape (not to mention price). I picked up this at Ikea and scraped off the coating and it works great! Only $6.99 too!

Before


Scraping off the coating- easy but messy.


It looks better than this, but it was hard to get a picture without a reflection. The embroidery is uneven too, so it made it a little difficult, but I love the overall look. Thanks Grandpa!

2 comments:

Jessica Bybee said...

How fun! I love the new table and can't wait to see it in person!

The Walch Family said...

That's a great table. (And it's even better because of the price.) It looks like you're all having fun! We took Isabelle swimming in a hotel pool a few weeks ago. It was freezing, but Isabelle, with her purple lips and her chattering teeth, kept saying, "Fun. Fun." Swimming is always fun. N looks cute in that little hat.