Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Fall Fair

I'm starting to feel guilty that I'm so behind in my blogging. It's true that I don't have to record every minute detail of our lives, but you'd hope I would at least get around to the highlights. So, perhaps I'll attack it one bite at a time. This weekend I had high aspirations and no motivation. Then we saw our neighbors in a mass exodus out to a broom corn festival that I had heard about, but wasn't sure it was worth our time. Faced with the prospect of entertaining children at home, or going somewhere and being entertained, we decided to join the crowd. And we are so glad that we did. It was one of the best small town fairs I've been to. Tons of vendors, a cute, little parade, some fun rides for #1, and tons of delicious, unhealthy food. This little festival has landed on our "must attend" list. It may have been because this was so fun for #1- first fair, first parade, first roller coaster ride. However, I'm more inclined to think that the deep-fried Twinkie we consumed is the real reason we'll be returning next year.

Here's #1 on the dragon roller coaster. I was so impressed that he was willing to go BY HIMSELF! He's certainly becoming less cautious, although his expression the entire time was pretty hilarious. Steve called it stoic, which is a pretty good description. He wanted to go again after getting off, so I'll take that as a good sign.


He also liked this vehicle merry-go-round. It was the one that he chose to go on twice.


Baby N mostly just took it all in. There were several times where she got upset that she couldn't enjoy all the good food that was being consumed. This was especially apparent in our side by side double stroller when #1 was enjoying an ice cream cone. Several times she swiped at him- I wish I'd gotten a picture. Poor girl had to be satisfied with a banana.



What a cool kid.


I need to remember to take a picture next year and see how much he's grown. Baby N might be eligible too considering how much she's growing these days.


Start the parade already!






If you ever were sad you missed being at Obama's inaugural parade, just keep in mind that these guys were there. Maybe that'll help ease the pain.



N, you are so beautiful!



The reason for the season...or is it?

I'm more inclined to think this might be.





Random Tidbits

Here's a little video of #1's actions for Head and Shoulders. It's pretty impressive.


Occasionally I'm feeling like a good mom and I pull out the fingerpaints. #1 had some pretty cool pictures this last time and I thought I'd share.



And I know I've mentioned it before, but here is #1 on his bike Grandma got him. He's getting to be pretty good on it.


This is a great sampling of baby N's trademark noises. There's the low growling, loud screeching and happy hyperventilating.


A Bare Bum


My favorite time of day.


Two little monkeys



It ain't easy being green


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that EXACT same dragon roller coaster. I went on it, as well, but I remember being really scared!

N is turning into such a beautiful little girl. She has such an amazing smile. She looks like she may become a little mischievous when she gets older, however. I showed my roommate a picture of her smiling her big smile and she said, "That's the cutest thing I've ever seen!"

Jackie said...

It was so fun to watch the parade with you guys! Good times! Can't wait until December!

Bleen said...

Are you coming over for Christmas Jackie? I have to admit, I have no idea what's happening in December...