I was so thrilled for #1 and yet nervous. We've had many great opportunities since we moved out here as far as preschool goes. #1 started in a co-op preschool with 5 different moms teaching a theme once a week when he was 2 years old. We've have been in babysitting groups for date nights and this summer he went to a little preschool run by young women in our church. But this was the first time I've left him with someone I didn't know really well and I guess that is where the anxiety came from.
I was more nervous than #1 though. He held my hand for the first few minutes when we got into the door and then he spied the train table and took off. Some high school students tried to engage him, but he was having none of that. Baby steps. I'm so proud of my little boy.
Here he is waiting to get out the door.

Baby N wanted in on the action too.

So big!! This is getting to me a little...

The first thing he did when he got home- I think he missed her.


His teacher said he did great playing on his own and with his friends. I can tell it's going to be interesting getting reports from #1 about what happened in school. Today I heard how he had two cherry lollipops because he dropped the first one and how they collected leaves outside because it's fall. Other than that, it was like pulling teeth to get more details. Typical male. As long as he's happy I guess.
As a side note, I've been filling some of my time lately with making organza flower hair accessories for N. It's been a ton of fun and - spoiler Christmas alert- I've decided to make them for all the little girls in our family. I used snaps on the flowers so you can easily switch out flowers on the headbands and I'm contemplating putting some snaps on alligator clips too. It's a nice way to utilize some variety. This one N is wearing isn't my favorite, but you get the general idea.


Happy Fall!
4 comments:
too fun, rowan is definitely looking less like a toddler and more like a little boy. tell nadia to get some more hair already :) I realized the other day how long Viktoria's hair is getting and even though it is a bear to comb every day, I love to see her run and it flying behind her. She loves hair accessories so I can't wait to see what you make. they look darling!
How fun for R!!! I hope he likes it. I love the flowers! They are awesome... you could sell them! :)
He tells you more than Clarissa tells me, all I heard about today was the sucker. Oh, and they did stuff with bubbles, but that was actually last week. So hopefully I'll start to get more out of her.
I seriously miss those two!!! R looks so tall and thin in that first picture! It's weird to think, but based on that picture you can get an idea of what he'll look like when he's older. And N - gorgeous, gorgeous. But she definitely has hair from our side of the family. Poor girl. :)
Post a Comment