We been sick since Labor Day weekend. There have been times where I wonder if someone upstairs is trying to tell me something. #1 seemed to get the brunt of it, poor kid. Several days ago, his fever got to the point where we were advised to go to the emergency room. This wasn't a simple matter because S was about to teach Sunday school, but I managed to get in contact with him and he literally got a last minute substitute. We ended up in the ER for 6 hours. #1 was so brave. There were several times where the nurses would come in for tests and would remark at how well he was taking it. One procedure involved a rather uncomfortable method of removing nasal fluid, but #1 did not make a peep. I find it ironic that I have an extremely cautious son with a high level of pain tolerance and an extremely adventurous daughter with a very low level of pain tolerance. Baby N does not do so well when it comes to doctors. I have to plan ahead if she is going in for shots because I know that she will be screaming for the rest of the day. Anyways, life hasn't been much fun around here lately. I'm finally starting to feel better and then baby N woke up two nights ago with the croup. Circle of sickness- at this point I'm wondering if we are starting to reinfect each other.
#1ism
After picking #1 up from preschool
Me: So #1, how was preschool?
#1: Not very good.
Me panicking: Why??? What happened??
#1: No one picked a fight with me.
After a while he told me that that wasn't the bad part. He was upset that he didn't get to ride the yellow bus. I found our conversation pretty funny though.
3 comments:
Sorry you guys have been so sick!
:( Germs are yucky!
Yikes. I hate this time of year because it feels like illnesses have a revolving door into our house.
Here's hoping you can break the cycle.
Sorry about your illnesses. I'm just now out of bed after 8 days flat on my back with the flu. (Mom had to come stay with us to take care of Isabelle during the day.) Now Isabelle is a bit sick and is losing her voice. I'm thinking that it might be a nice thing to have her missing her voice for a few days while she's sick. There's always a lot of screaming when she's sick, so maybe she can just do that silently. =) Poor girl. I hope you all get better soon!
Post a Comment