Sunday, February 28, 2010

Grandma Dorothy

My mom decided to make a whirlwind trip down here this past week and we were so happy to have her. She came on Friday and left on Wednesday. Most of the time she was here, we were out and about shopping so that she could get fabric for the school and clothes for herself. She also spoiled us mercilessly as tends to be the case. Rowan got to live out his dream of being Batman and Grandma got Nadia a chair for her to sit in. Nadia is kind of obsessed with sitting these days. If you are laying on the ground, she will sit on you. If you are sitting on the ground, she will back up to you with her bottom out to sit in your lap. Now she has her own chair, which she loves, but I'm not too sure about having a fuzzy purple Tinkerbell chair in my living room. Maybe I haven't run out of upholstery projects after all.

Mom also made some beautiful dresses for Nadia while she was here. Unfortunately my serger cratered and so Grandma also replaced it as a belated birthday gift.





Rowan has been interested in Batman for some time now, without ever having seen the show. Who knows where these kids pick these things up? I used to have to take his baby blanket and tie it around him like a cape so he could wander around the house doing his Batman karate moves. Anyways, we started to let him watch some of the cartoons and the interest has turned obsession. Grandma was only too happy to indulge him.

The ruler is his sword.



I cannot believe how many places she went while she was here, but it was a blast. The night before she left we took everyone to the indoor aquatic center and let the kids splash around. I really hope she can make it out this summer. The only thing that takes me through being so far away from family is being able to have visitors often and hopefully that will continue to be the case when we move for Steve's post doc. Rowan was a bit crushed to have her go, but he knows the next visit is never that far away- we love you Grandma Dorothy!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Your mom is amazing, that is so fun that she will sew things for your kids. I saw Nadia's dress yesterday and just loved it. I was going to ask where you bought it. I'm glad Rowan has a Batman costume, he talks about being Batman all the time when we drive home from preschool.