Rowan got to exchange valentines at his preschool and he was supposed to write his name on each one, but he capped out at 5. I felt pretty bad when I realized that the creative and energy-filled moms that I admire gave candies and treats along with their valentines. Seriously, I feel bad for my kids that I am not tapped into this holiday scene. Rowan didn't notice, but I know one day he will and then what will I tell him when he asks why he didn't get pink colored heart pancakes for breakfast when he woke up Valentine's Day. Maybe I'll just blame it on being Canadian- it's a cultural thing.
Thursday night I went to a friend's house and dipped everything under the moon in chocolate. Pretzels, strawberries, cinnamon bears, pink marshmallows, golden oreos, cake balls, caramels- you name it, we dipped it. I think my favorite was the caramels. I've decided I'm not sure fruit and chocolate is a combination I care for. It was really nice to go and hang out though. And it was nice to have goodies for the kids when they woke up. Tiffany even provided the cute little boxes.


Chocolate for breakfast...mmmmm.


On Friday another one of my creative friends held a Valentine's party in the community room with a potluck lunch. Rowan typically takes a good hour to warm up at these parties, but once he did he had a good time. It was nice to see some faces I haven't seen in a while from an old ward and enjoy yummy food.
Steve and I went out on Friday thanks to a babysitting swap with friends and we got my Valentine's gift. A Sam's Club membership- practical, no? It's like a bouquet of flowers that doesn't die for a year and that provides ample food storage. After a yummy dinner at Penn Station- truly we are such romantics- we went to the mall and each bought a hat that we liked. It was a wonderful evening because I'm just happy to be with Steve and the pressure to impress isn't there. I'm grateful I'm married to a man that has similar expectations about these kinds of things.
1 comment:
I for sure wouldn't call myself creative-maybe just crazy? A Sam's Club membership is my kind of Valentine's Day present. Good job on your talk today. It made me feel motivated to improve myself. As did the bishop's comments about being late on the week that I was super late!
Post a Comment