We were ecstatic to get a visit from the Bybees last weekend. Rowan was bouncing off the walls in anticipation of Preston's arrival and then bouncing off the walls when he got here. My favorite memory of those two was walking by their room WAY past their bedtime and listening to them goofing around and giggling in bed. I guess Jessica and I were doing pretty much the same thing. I'm so glad we get to still see each other- it's not often you find family friends where everyone gets along. Steve missed out on having his playmate over because Mike had to go on a YM overnighter, but he still got to beat us in some games so hopefully that eased the pain a little. Here's a few last minute pictures I took before they left.
A buddy's love can be expressed in 3 ways:
Hugs

High-fives

And violence.
Parker learned to lure the girls in with fancy electronics...

And then attack!

Proof that playing hard to get always backfires in the end- no goodbye hugs for you now!

The kiddie gang

It's also been snowing here. A LOT. Nadia has a love-hate relationship with it. It pains her to see Rowan outside having fun without her and it pains her if she's outside because she won't keep her gloves on. One evening she was willing to brave frostbite for some snow time though.

I hate it! I love it! Take me inside! Take me outside!

Part of the problem was when she'd fall down she couldn't get herself up because her jacket is so puffy.
A few days later, we decided to take the kids sledding because the weather seemed mild and the snow was melting. We had missed the opportunity a couple times already this season and didn't want to miss out again. So we took off to the highest elevation in walking distance, which amounted in freezing winds and little speed. Illinois, where are your hills? I miss skiing and sledding!!
At least we can make Rowan pull Nadia home. It's not like he has to go uphill at any point.
And for your viewing pleasure- Rowan, as a factory worker.

Hope you're all keeping warm!!
3 comments:
I don't know about you, but I remember spending what seemed like hours outside until I got soaking wet when I was little. as for the glove thing, I make the kids put their gloves on first (they are really long and thick) and then put their jackets on. This makes it hard for them to pull their gloves off because they would have to pull them through the sleeves of their jackets.
We had so much fun! Thanks for letting us come!
I think it's hard to have your little ones go outside in the snow. Isabelle loves it, but they STILL don't sell snow boots in her size. Her feet are too small. Last year she didn't have snow boots and this year we bought some two sizes too big because they're the closest I could find. As far as gloves are concerned, why don't they sell waterproof gloves for little hands? I got some waterproof "toddler" gloves that are much too large for Isabelle. I can't get her to keep them on because she can't do anything in them. Aargh.
I'm glad it was a comfortable enough temperature so you could all go outside. (And not too cold.)
Post a Comment