My friend Julie clued me into this website called biddingfortravel.com. Fantastic site! I was able to get one of the best rooms I've ever been in for $42 a night (the sign on the door claimed it as a $750/night room). We were on the 28th floor with tremendous views and more space than the bottom half of my house, which may not be saying much, but I was happy with it! I would have been content to stay there and not go anywhere else. Especially since I didn't have to clean!
You could have seen a baseball game if it was in season

The first day we went to the St Louis City museum. I think it's rare to find a venue that entertains both parent and child, but this place did it in spades.
Where else can you be a human hamster
And find yourself in a vault
And crawl up a human-sized slinky
And explore the shell of a plane suspended 10+ stories up in the air
And just enjoy some very surreal surroundings?
I felt like a kid again here. There were so many fantastic slides too. In the cave section, there was one that actually went down the top to the bottom of the building. I would go back tomorrow if I could.
2 comments:
We totally didn't see the vault or the hamster wheel. Were those on the roof. I'm impressed that 1)you got Nadia up in that plane (Halle didn't get to see any of that stuff) and 2) you got your camera up there. I was convinced that I would break or drop mine, so I got pretty lame pictures of the museum. I also want to know how you went down that slide so fast (that there is video of). We had to push ourselves on those bars to keep going (so did Zach, so I don't think it mattered how much you weighed). We thought it was the slowest slide ever.
Julie- the hamster wheel and vault were on the third floor. There were a bunch of other things too- a foam cube pit, a little toddler area, there was a place where people were juggling knives, a gift shop, face painting, hollow whales you could explore etc. Or maybe it was the fourth floor now that I'm thinking about it. That place is a maze!
We couldn't stop Nadia from going where we went. She's Miss Crazy until you go to nursery. And they must of greased that bar slide because I had to actually dig my shoes into it to slow down.
Post a Comment