Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Merry Thanksgiving

Confession- I put my Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving. Maybe it's a faux pas, but I'm just not that into Thanksgiving this year. I'm getting over a nasty cough/cold and the kids are too. I might just order Chinese food and call it good.

I love my Christmas tree. This is the first year that I feel like we actually did a good job decorating for the holidays. I even have a wreath on my door, something I never bothered with in the past.






We kept our old tree, which looks a little pathetic in comparison and put it upstairs. That way the kids can continue our tradition of picking out a new ornament every Christmas and also have a space to hang all their homemade crafty ones. Nadia almost picked out an iPhone ornament this year, but luckily it broke before we got to the cashier. We settled on a cowgirl riding a horse instead. In looking at this picture, I'm noticing it's already looking pretty sparse. The kids like taking the ornaments off and playing with them.


Rowan wrote out his Christmas list all by himself this year too. I'd take a picture of it, but I have no idea where he's stashed it.
Rowan's List
Batarang or other Batman tools
Robin (as in Batman's sidekick) toys or cape
Spy Gear
Police Legos (I'm sure he'd like any kind though)
Maze books (he loves the ones where you mark the path or the ones that aren't meant to be written in- either way)
Construction lunch box (don't ask me??)
Just Dance Wii game

Nadia's List
Since her list amounted to a bunch of scribbles, here's a few things she likes:
small stuffed animals- she has a cat and dog
Elmo
Diego
The moon and sun
Washable dry erase crayons and/or markers
Washable markers
Anything musical
Books- especially ones with lots to look at. She likes "I Spy" and "Look and Find" ones.

2 comments:

vesta said...

where's the Mommy Christmas list?

Here's mine...
1. Sleep, preferably the uninterrupted kind.
2. Jeans that make my butt look amazing.
3. A magic babysitter whenever I need a break.
4. And last of all, cute kids and fantastic husband (check and check)


Oh well, I guess Santa can't get everything in his bag...

Jackie said...

Beautiful decorations! I'm sorry I don't get to witness all that festiveness from across the street any more :( But we are SO looking forward to seeing you this weekend!!