Friday, December 24, 2010
A Christmas Wish
December has not been kind to us. My little boy is currently curled up on the couch with a nice big bowl on Christmas Eve of all days. I can't remember the last time I felt 100% healthy. Colds, persistent coughs, ear infections, and stomach flu- can't a family catch a break? When we went up to Chicago to get my mom, my friend Jessica invited us to stay with them overnight to catch up on some Settlers of Catan action. The day before we found out Nadia had an ear infection and I called Jess to ask if we should still come. Her response was something akin to "As long as no one is throwing up, I don't care." I should have knocked on wood. A few hours after we had arrived at her house, Nadia started revisiting her last meal. I followed a few days later and Grandma shortly thereafter. I still have a cold I cannot seem to shake and my energy level is zilch. It's all kind of humorous when you consider we stayed home for Christmas this year to avoid such nastiness (among some other good reasons, but still!) And so I would like to plead with the fates for some relief on Christmas Day. Pretty please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh no! We spoke too soon about how lucky it was that Rowan avoided it! Hopefully it will be like most people and only last around 12 hours. Just in time for Christmas morning?! I'm sorry that you're still feeling sick too. At least you're in the comfort of your own home this year with people throwing up.
Wow Rachel that is horrible!!!!!
So so so sorry! I thought Rowan had totally missed out on that pleasure. I hope all gets better soon. Hugs!
Post a Comment