1. Appetizers for dinner. I love this. It's easy and you get a lot of variety and it's perfect for munching on while you stay up late. I would like to do fondue next year and see how complicated that would be, but this year we really enjoyed what we had. Veggie tray, meat and cheese tray, grapes, french bread pizza, chips and dip, cream puffs, leftover ice cream birthday cake (note to self- do hummus too next year). The Nyes brought some fantastic bacon wrapped wienies and cookie dough truffles. Did I mention I gained a good 5 pounds over the holidays? I have no idea why...
2. Poppers and Silly String in Abundance: The kids had a blast with all the poppers, noisemakers, silly string that my mom provided for the night. It wasn't that bad to clean up and the kids loved it.
If you can figure out how they work that is...
3. Let the kids stay up as late as they want. Rowan still talks about this. "Remember when I got to stay up until midnight?!?" He keeps wanting to do it again. He made it to midnight, but just barely.
4. Good Company: We were lucky enough to have my mom still in town on New Years and luckier still that our friends the Nyes were able to join us due to a canceled flight. I don't know how lucky they felt though :). Next year I'd like to break out the games- we forgot to this year because we were too busy chatting, but I think that'd be a great tradition too.
And that's it. Simple, but perfectly suited for the evening. I'm excited for next year!
2 comments:
We had lots of fun! Actually, more fun than we usually have at our parents' when they go to bed early and we're up by ourselves. Or the year when I accidentally fell asleep with Zach at 9:00. I'm so impressed that Rowan made it to midnight-and that you let him.
You should take more videos of me-it would keep me motivated to stick to a diet. :)
That looks like fun. Our tradition (that we started this year) is to invite our married friends who don't have kids yet so that they could come and hang out and play games at our house and our kids could still go to bed at a normal time.
Although I think our kids would have liked it better your way :)
Post a Comment