My visiting teacher shared this quote this morning and I wanted to pass it along as it was something I really needed to hear.
Trials come in various forms. Some are not easily recognized as such, at least at first glance. Elder Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles stated, “Some are tested by poor health, some by a body that is deformed or homely. Others are tested by handsome and healthy bodies; some by the passion of youth; others by the erosions of old age. Some suffer disappointment in marriage, family problems; others live in poverty and obscurity. Some (perhaps this is the hardest test) find ease and luxury. All are part of the test, and there is more equality in this testing than sometimes we suspect” (“The Choice,” Ensign, Nov. 1980, 21).
3 comments:
amen! My friend was complaining to me that someone we both knew was given a large amount of cash which they were going to use to buy and pay for a nice home. After moaning and groaning for a while, I told her "yeah, but I wouldn't trade it for the fact that she has children with mental health issues.". We always want to be somebody else but then when presented with their problems as well, all of a sudden, life ain't all that bad!
Thanks for sharing!
Wow, your VTer is on top of it this month!
Isn't there a line in Fiddler on the Roof about wanting to be punished with riches?
Perchik: Money is the world's curse.
Tevye: May the Lord smite me with it! And may I never recover!
Post a Comment