Monday, April 16, 2012

Wannabe Green Thumbs

Steven has decided to embark on being a green thumb this summer and so he has started a garden in our backyard. His dad had some great tips and we were able to put one in without too much labor or cost since we don't know if we'll be around next summer and didn't want to invest much into it. So he laid down some extra weed barrier fabric that we had, cut holes for where the plants will go, and dug out the old dirt and filled it with better soil. It's looking pretty good and I'm impressed with him for all the work he's put into it. I mostly just sat and watched. Nadia was pretty into it though and goes out with Steve every time he's working on it.


That's one dirty little girl
Rowan was about as interested as I was in the physical labor.

Classic Steve pose. He's almost finished here. Later on he added some large planters with strawberries against the fence. Way to go hun.
Hopefully we'll get some success with something here. There's pumpkin, watermelon, cantaloupe, corn, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries and probably some other things I've missed.

No comments: