After Chandra left, I'd like to say that things went smoothly. The first week on our own, however, was rough! Elsa was having a lot of difficulty and the kids were going crazy being stuck inside all day. One day I was sick of it, so we went to playgroup and ended up being the only ones who showed up. I tried to salvage the day by heading to the library and Elsa was having none of it. The librarians did not look so kindly on screaming babies there, so we left. On the drive home, Elsa fell asleep so I thought I could get at least one errand in by making a run to Target, but then Elsa woke up right as we were pulling in. She started to scream so we just ended up going home. That outing pretty much captures my week. It's been really hard to adjust to having 3 kids at home all day, but we're getting there. I have gone dairy free and that seems to have helped with some of Elsa's issues and we've also started some reflux medication. It got to the point that she was clearly unhappy and would want to be held and nurse all the time. Now she just wants to do that 85% of the day. It's frustrating when I want to get things done, but I'm learning to be patient and let the less important things slide.
Proof that I am getting sleep sometimes.
The kids are still completely in love with Elsa despite her less than happy attitude.
False advertising.
Not much makes this kid smile. Most of the time she looks at you like a deer caught in headlights...that's cross-eyed, but I haven't captured that last quality yet.
First day of church. She wasn't too happy about it.
Deer meets headlights again...
Nadia is showing her how it's done.
Reading to Elsa...
Hopefully things will continue to improve around here. My mom tells me that I've just forgotten what it's like to have a newborn and maybe there's some truth to that. Regardless we're still completely in love with this little girl.
I think week three is a hard week. They stop sleeping all the time but they haven't figured out how to sleep at night. It's rough! She looks cute in pictures though. The deer in the head light picture made me laugh so hard. She looks like Steve there...wouldn't it be nice if he could have a kid that looked like him...seeing as you've got the first two :) I'm so jealous of your garden. Mine is just barely starting to give some stuff up. Some peas here, some cilantro there, some little potatoes. What can you do :) It will get better Rachel, although I don't know if it ever gets really good. I feel like I've been nutso for years now. Maybe when I can start getting full nights of sleep again I won't feel like a crazy person!
Boo. I'm sorry that Elsa is cranky. It sounds like how Zach was when he was a baby. Going anywhere was hard and I couldn't have dairy for 6 months. Good thing you know things get better! She is super cute though. I have a feeling this one is a girl, so maybe we'll match up our kids again.
I know this is out of the acceptable range of advice, but that was one of the biggest reasons that I switched over to formula. It just makes life easier and makes me a better and happier mom.
Just throwing that idea out there, I know that breast milk is best but sometimes the choice is between breast milk and sanity not just breast milk and formula.
You are doing a great job, those pictures are capturing smiles and happiness so regardless of how stressed you may feel at least you know you are supermom!!!
Sweet Nadia looks so much like you! Sorry about the fussy. Hard babies are HARD! And easy ones are too. Just eleven more months and then life will be perfect. :).
5 comments:
I think week three is a hard week. They stop sleeping all the time but they haven't figured out how to sleep at night. It's rough! She looks cute in pictures though. The deer in the head light picture made me laugh so hard. She looks like Steve there...wouldn't it be nice if he could have a kid that looked like him...seeing as you've got the first two :) I'm so jealous of your garden. Mine is just barely starting to give some stuff up. Some peas here, some cilantro there, some little potatoes. What can you do :) It will get better Rachel, although I don't know if it ever gets really good. I feel like I've been nutso for years now. Maybe when I can start getting full nights of sleep again I won't feel like a crazy person!
Boo. I'm sorry that Elsa is cranky. It sounds like how Zach was when he was a baby. Going anywhere was hard and I couldn't have dairy for 6 months. Good thing you know things get better! She is super cute though. I have a feeling this one is a girl, so maybe we'll match up our kids again.
I know this is out of the acceptable range of advice, but that was one of the biggest reasons that I switched over to formula. It just makes life easier and makes me a better and happier mom.
Just throwing that idea out there, I know that breast milk is best but sometimes the choice is between breast milk and sanity not just breast milk and formula.
You are doing a great job, those pictures are capturing smiles and happiness so regardless of how stressed you may feel at least you know you are supermom!!!
Good luck!
Ah! You're scaring me! I KNOW I've forgotten what it's like to have a newborn! At least she's cute. That makes up for some of the crankiness!
Sweet Nadia looks so much like you! Sorry about the fussy. Hard babies are HARD! And easy ones are too. Just eleven more months and then life will be perfect. :).
Post a Comment